We're digital nomads.
Like you, we love traveling, exploring and discovering new places and people.
In the same breath we need to keep one foot firmly planted in the business world.
To remain connected with our team, clients, partners and platforms, and to grow our businesses.
Which is why we created Nomad Stays.
To make it easier for everyone to work while exploring the world.
A Life of Travel
Like many we started traveling a long time ago. Firstly on family excursions, then sporting trips, business trips and later on active holidays.
Mark's first extended adventure was being posted to the Solomon Islands as an expat with KPMG. Linda's was moving to Hong Kong & later Saudi Arabia where she worked for the Royal Family
Linda ended up flying around the world monthly for many years as a first class flight attendant with Qantas, a large Australian airline.
Mark tacked on explorations to his business trips while working for Apple, Microsoft and others. He also grew several travel and tech companies including a multi-award winning outback Australian tour company named MudMaps.
In 2007 Mark experimented with nomading when he spent a year traveling the world with his backpack.
Together we went fully nomad in 2015 after packing up our home near Noosa, Australia. Selling most of our possessions and packing the van & motorbike for an around-Australia adventure
As digital nomads for over 4 years now our inspiration for Nomad Stays comes from the desire to overcome the constant hassles of finding affordable, comfortable, digital nomad-friendly places to stay. Somewhere we can stop for awhile, enjoy, get some work done.
- Without costing a fortune
- Without wasting our lives endlessly negotiating
Our mission became to make it easier for people to explore and discover more of the planet while building a career. To discover the forgotten, to uncover the unknown, to expect the unexpected. To meet new and interesting people of all walks of life.
Exploration. The Spice of Life.
I think by now you can see we have travel in our blood.
We're not really luxury resort types though. Been there, done that. For us adventure and meeting new people are more our passion. Consequently our adventures to date have included:
- Hot Air Ballooning in Japan, Austria, Turkey, Hong Kong, South Africa, Hungary and more. NB: We love aviation. Linda is a Recreation Pilot and we've both been student balloon pilots.
- Backpacking the length of Africa
- Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Hiking the Inca Trail
- Dodging rebels in the Sahara
- Getting tear gassed in Chile
- Stranding the motorbike in the middle of the Mohave Desert during summer
- And much more
Yep, we love adventure motorcycling too and have been lucky to take many cool bike trips including:
- Riding the Silk road from the border of China to Spain (Mark)
- Crossing the US solo (Linda)
- Riding with reindeer above the Arctic Circle (Mark)
- Exploring the Himalaya (Mark)
- Circumnavigating Australia (Linda)
But, Still Building Business
We also love business and innovation. Improved things that make the world a better place. So when we're not building our own businesses from some nomad hangout we're helping the startup founders build their passions.
Today's European Adventure
We travel as a family with our adventure dog/virtual assistant Dakar Dingo via plane, car, bus, train. motorcycle etc. Dakar has even racked up 11 countries since leaving Australia.
If you run into us its likely to be in
- Coworking spaces
- Volunteering at Startup Weekends, Hackathons and NGOs like the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
- Or sourcing the next cool stay for Nomad Stays